Thursday, May 16, 2013

Greetings from Panama

Greetings from Panama. Am here cos the wife is here on a work trip and since I can buy discounted tickets, I've decided to tag along, afterall, the lodging is paid for already. I am also currently serving notice with my currently employer, so might as well clear my leave now. we were in Europe for a few days and indeed it was a wise choice as it helped us to cope with the jet lag better. the time difference between Panama and Singapore is 13 hours. It really doesn't matter if it is ahead or behind cos all i know is when my friends in Singapore are awake, I am asleep. It's good to travel on discounted ticket as the price I paid is some 120 euros to get to Europe and about the same price to get here from Amsterdam. the downside, is that it is on standby basis. If the flight is full, I don't get on. When leaving Singapore, that happened. So I had to go via Frankfurt instead. Well, the wife is sleeping in the room now and I am boiling some porridge for dinner later. It is about 6pm local.  We are in a service apartment.

Panama. Have always read about the Panama canal during Secondary Sch Geography lessons. interesting enough, I am just about 20km from where it is now. Will plan to visit the canal proper when we have the time. On the flight in, we saw many ships lining up to cross the canal. that is from the Pacific Ocean to the Atlantic Ocean. Suddenly all my geography came back. Hahahha. the Canal was built by the US military. That happened many years back and this canal is so important to Panama. I've got a feeling Panama is the city to spend money for the rich and famous in the latin American region. The place has nothing much really and is not that touristy. However, there are many tall skyscrapers and they are mostly vacant as of now. We will be here for a week and a half before going back. For me, I am entertaining myself with whatever I can find. hahaha.

back home in Singapore, the trial has begun. of cos we hope things will turn out well, but I kind of sense that it is a test of how serious Singaporeans can be towards religion. Should we publically display our support? a part of me say yes, a part says no. Why yes? Because we believe in them. why no? My supporting them, are we sabotaging them as the authorities will deem them as overly influential? Man, this is like the Jesus situation. Not an easy move.

Back to my life, I am now going to join another airline. One that is pretty controversial. I am enjoying my time in my present company but well, there are always room for improvement. Often, it is about looking at what you have and then think about what you can offer and then consider if the company is the best fit. Let's see how things pan out. I believed and therefore my decision. Is it the best move? Only time will tell.

No comments: