Thursday, May 22, 2008

Proposal (Part 1)

Well, this is official. I know Huiqin has told some people not to spread this news but I've decided to make it official now. No point hiding from anyone. Haha. Holding a secret surely is not a nice feeling. That's precisely what I did for the past 2 months. I've been hiding a secret from Qin for the past 2 months. Well, we do have a mutual agreement not to have any secrets bet the 2 of us with the exception of proposal preperation. So I played by the rules.

The proposal preperation started as early as last year (2007). I had wanted it to be special and memorable for her. It's an event that should be focussing primarily on her so no point having too elaborated things. First and foremost, I've decided that I will keep things sinple. We have been leading lives that often involve a lot of people around us very often. Perhaps it's becos I'm a CGL.. we often go out with many people. Times of dating and fellowship have only a very thin line seperating. Nothing wrong with that, we do enjoy the company of people esp people of the same faith and focus in life. However, this is marriage proposal, so "KISS" (If you know this acronym)

See, starting in 2006, I've been travelling to Malaysia (Johore) to learn how to fly an aeroplane. I was so inspired by Dr A.R.Bernard's message when he encouraged the working people to go back to studying and have night classes or courses to improve themselves. So, despite my busy schedule as an engineering student in NUS, I decided that I could and should do a part time course to add value to myself. I also heard from Shaun (Mrs Lee) that she desires to learn something new every year. I thought to myself, after my Class 3 driving license which I got in Uni yr 1, it's time I start learning something new. So that really spurred me on to go do it. Armed with all the information, I started out a life changing course to obtain my PPL (Private Pilot License).



The above is a Cessna-152, the plane which I trained in. To cut the long story short, what happened in 2 years can be summarised into a few lines. I flew my first solo and even flown from Johore to Malacca (and landed) on my own. I took the test and gotten my PPL (Unrestricted) Malaysia now.

For the proposal, I did not tell Qin about my license and I keep avoiding the question when she asked me how's my training getting along. So I got her to enter the airport with me on the 20th of May 2008 and told her that I needed her to take photos of me as I feel paiseh to ask the instructors to take photos for me.



Well, I will pause here and leave more details to the next post. Ha, going off to makan dinner. So, next up, the actual take off and what happened in the air...

8 comments:

laimeng said...

testing testing!

first comment on a new blog! =D
heh (:

congrads once again! now i'm waiting for the WEDDING part!!!!

:: 哭泣的星星 :: said...

oei meng, snatch the 1st position.. -_-"

yeah, 2nd comment!!! congrats kenaero!! 開張大吉,年年有餘!! =)

KennethTeo said...

Thanks peeps for supporting my blog. Hahaha. Anyway, just a little trivia for all. There's something fishy about the photos here. Anyone can spot it? Photohunt time.....

laimeng said...

hahaa... are u talking abt the first photo of a plan and there's this............. unknown figure on the glass????

KennethTeo said...

Nope, not close at all.. haha, keep guessing.

Hazel aka Qin said...

The 2 planes are different... The front part of the 1st one is blue, the other one is white... Right?

KennethTeo said...

Well, half correct. The 2 planes are the same actually but after the overhaul, they changed the cover for the "bonnet". Ha.

Ah JaN said...

errmm i am the 8th to leave this footprint..In chinese, it is Fa fa fa...Huat ah


x)