Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Mr Kelvin Tan from RVHS

I just read from Kaishen's blog that Mr Kelvin Tan from RVHS passed away. Well, to be more specific, he is the teacher Kelvin Tan, not the student Kelvin Tan (in case the wrong rumours spread). He was fresh from NIE 10 years back and immediately, many questions begin running through my mind...

I wondered why and how did he pass away as Shen's blog didn't say and I tried calling him (Kaishen of course!) but he didn't pick.

Most importantly, was he saved??? I remember that my geog teacher was Ms Esther Lee and i think they both came in the same time. I know she's an on-fire Christian and even invited our class to a Christmas party at someone's house and even asked if anyone wanted to receive Christ. I do hope that she did and successfully reached out to Mr Tan.

Though Mr Tan didn't teach us (maybe only 1 make up class if i can remember) I still feel so sad for him as he, like everyone else from NIE, is so full of ambition, so driven. I have friends from my batch who are coming out from NIE now. So we are in the same situation. I can understand how he must have felt when he first stepped into RVHS.

Life is indeed unpredictable. It really made me reflect upon life and think through what are the important things. One will never ever know when he/she will just breath the last breathe...

No comments: