Thursday, March 8, 2012

Bus Service 48

Some time back, I wrote to LTA stating that I find it amusing to see buses bringing residents to the bus terminus after snaking through neighbourhoods instead of a direct route taking them to the nearest mrt station. The examples I gave were service 229 for Bedok South Ave 3 and service 334 for Jurong West St 42. The post can be viewed in my Jan 2011 listing. (not sure how to do a shortcut link here)

Despite the reply, I was still hopeful that the authorities will do something about it and not just send out templated response to genuine, good, intellectual feedback.

I'm happy to note that somewhere in December 2011, they decided to ammend the route to service 48. 48 will now cut through Bedok South ave 3 directly to Tanah Merah Mrt station. This means that I now have a direct bus service to Tanah Merah Mrt station from the busstop right at the foot of my block. Previously, I had to walk 6-7mins to take 12 or 38.

No comments: