Tuesday, March 6, 2012

A Lonely Buffet

This happened towards the end of 2011. I always thought it is wierd to eat alone let alone a buffet. It was until recent that I knew how to dine alone. Especially so when I travel alone overseas and often had to have the breakfast buffet at the hotel... alone. Not too long ago, NUS also had a campaign to dare people to eat alone. Since I am NUS trained, I should be able to eat pretty much, without anyone else sitting with me. So, I went for a buffet at M hotel last year thanks to a voucher I got from my dad. So here are the photos and it should pretty much what I had at the reetaurant. Probably I left a plate of sashimi out that's all. Everything that was taken in the photos here all ended up in my belly.

Is it a lot?

This is the entrance where I was told to wait. Apparently, there were many people who were here for the buffet. It cost like close to SGD 50 I think per head.


The place I was seated


Some meat and it was pretty much sashimi from here on...









Ended with some desserts.

The conclusion I drew from this is that eating alone is very sad. It makes the food taste bad actually. It is often not about the food but the company that really matters. I can say out loud that a bowl of instant noodles eaten at home with my wife tastes so so so good. However, when I have the most expensive seafood in front of me with some officials in China for some duty trip, the food often is not appetising and I can hardly swallow them....

2 comments:

:: 哭泣的星星 :: said...

agree that the best food eaten alone never tasted quite as good! eh.. are you on leave on sth? ur post seem to be in the afternoon!

KennethTeo said...

Haha, this is lunch-time blogging...