Sunday, June 1, 2008

NUS Life

Well, I tried to upload more photos which means I got more frustrated. Ok, my loyalty is really tested here. Live Journal seems to be hassle free. But NO, I will not do anything that will betray my conscience. So i'm staying on Blogger. Ha. At least for now...

Ok, this Friday was the 30th and I got back my results in the morning at 9am. Being the 4th year, I had the priviledge to receive them first as compared to the juniors. The lower your year, the later you'll get them. So when I sms to the NUS server, I got a reply. It states that the results are not out yet and please check your faculty timing. Ha, my home clock was fast. So, after a few minutes, I sent again. This time the reply came. I saw my matric number.

I knew that the sms contained my results for semester 8 - the final semester. I covered the HP screen and slowly moved down. I heard that this is very thrilling from my friends and I wanted to try it out myself. Indeed it was... I moved down and it was my matric number, followed by Semester 2 2007/2008. Then it was GEK1039 A+. Ha, that was understanding careers. Another Human Resource Module that got A. I think I should have majored in Human Resource Management. A huge thanks goes to Weiyan for editing my English for the paper. Thanks man. Then the following results were as follows:
ME4101A (FYP) A-
ME4105 (Specialization module) A
Me4231 (Aerodynamics and Propulsion) B+

So, in the end, I am very satisfied and happy with this semester's results. I calculated, with FYP being worth 2 modules as it is 8 MCs, the CAP for this sem is 4.6. This is the best semester I've had in NUS and it is the most unique one as I had only 1 written exam paper and this entire sem was very project intensive. Well, this boosted my CAP to 3.7 and that was how I ended my 'career' in NUS. 2nd lower. Not the best results but I'm satisfied as I had a really bad start back in Semester 1.

As posted before on my previous blog, I had a low 2.79 from the first semester. I thought to myself that if I can graduate with an honours, that'll be good already. At 2.79, I cannot qualify for any class of honours. I fought hard to have a comeback. Many of my friends told me that it gets harder as the semesters goes on. Some of them even "adviced" me to cut down on my church commitments. I was very discouraged but I always know in my heart that God will see me through it. There was once, at one of the lowest points, I heard God speaking as I was turning round to a lift lobby in NUS saying "I am with you in NUS." I was so excited and that really comforted me. From then, the results started to pick up. After 2.79, it was moved up to 3.13 (ave over 2 sems), 3.22(ave over 3 sems and so on..), 3.3, 3.41, 3.48, 3.57 and 3.7.

I was just thinking last semester if I will be able to breakthrough into the CAP 4 level and truly God is able to provide more than what we can ask or imagine. 4.6 on the CAP, the best results ever which saw my average going from 3.57 to 3.7, even bypassing the 3.6 area. God is simply amazing.

I know these are not super wow grades but I'm blogging this so that this can be a testimony that serves as an encouragement to any students especially those in NUS or going into NUS, that with God all things are possible. You can achieve your dreams if you do not give up. Keep praying and studying. Do not put your trust in horses and choriots but in the Almighty... Psalm 20:7

1 comment:

:: 哭泣的星星 :: said...

wah ken!!! praise the lord!!! that result was beyond description!!! i would certainly jump if i ever had that!! congrats!!! now you can graduate in peace...