Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Sports in SG

I watch the soccer match of Sg VS Uzbekistan with disgust. Ok, on a positive note, it was pretty hilarious as well. I have never seen people getting trashed until so jialat for a long long time. It was really entertaining. Well, if there's anything good about that match was the timing. It was played when there's no EPL and all that, so ppl have no choice but to watch that for some entertainment. Well, entertaining it sure was looking at how pathetic the lions were. Talking about the lions, I had initially thought that it was some United Nations. Let's see... numbers 14, 15, 16, 9, 6 are all Singaporeans???? WTH! I mean that's turly multi-racial or should I say "Uniquely Singapore" Haha.... Then you will ask where are the real Singaporeans then? Well, they are on the bench... HA HA HA. I'm serious!!!! Go check it out.

Ok, more hilarious stuff. Look at how Singapore's number 5 cleared the ball at the goal mouth. He practically set it up for the other player to score!!! Well done Team Singapore, just that the other player is from the oposition team. Haha. I think it would be better if he didn't touch the ball at all. That was really a classic.

One more thing, at the stadium, we see a sea of red. All the supporters of SG wore red. However, if you notice, you'll see many "AIG" ha, what does it tell you? All the Man U fans are there. Hahaa.

Before we move onto other things, I do hope you manage to catch this match of the century. It's a must watch. Look at how Uzbekistan scored the 5th goal. That made Lionel Luis [Our keeper-I think I spelt his name wrongly but who cares?? = )] looked silly [I really want to say much more but I think they will not be too nice]. Just listen to the comments from the commentator. The lions just can't wait to get to the locker. If you haven't watch the match, you might think that Uzbekistan is a strong team. I can assure you they are not. But they still manage to lead 5-2 during half time.

I think the Tiget Beer advert really speaks well here "You're either on top or who cares?"

That's the problem with Singapore's sports. Look at our table tennis team. It's practically Team China. The only Singaporean contribution that I saw in that match was when Singapore got the penalty. Good acting by that Singaporean and how did he manage to look so pathetic in front of the referee??? Ha, i think SG should still stick to acting and the media. Look at Eric Khoo at Festival de Cannes. Look at Jack Neo..

If I remember correctly, our minister Mr Teo Ser Luck did mention in the news before that the response for youth olympics is still very low and we're something like a thrid short of the target participation rate. Something like that. Well, with all the banners that states "We support SG's bid for youth olympics" that's wat it really means eh.

Ok, I heard on the radio last night that the management or someone strongly encourage Singaporeans to go down to support that soccer match. I was wondering if I should.

Well, there are some reason why we should really go:
1. Lions are pathetic, they need our support.
2. Sports in SG is dying.
3. It's entertinaing.

and the reason why we should not go are:
1. Lions are pathetic.
2. Sports in SG is dying.
3. It's cheap thrill.

Ok, I'll go watch the 2nd half now.. hahaha.......


somewhere at the 53rd minute, the commentator said "it's tortue for singapore but it's beautiful to watch.." ahha


Did someone say Singapore making to the World Cup in 2010? or is it 20100? = )

Well, I used to play rugby in my JC. After the school announce that students have to be present to support our school team and attendance will be marked at the match, I know that sports in SG still has a long long long long long long long long long long long way to go.....

85th Minute: Spectators start to leave the stadium.

Full time: SG lost 3-7

Then I asked myself one question: Why does SG still bother to keep the Lions team? Why not disband it? Why even have S-league? Isn't it a waste of money and resources? When I started reading more about soccer in SG, I know why. End of last year/January this year, Noh Alam Shah, one of the top players of Singapore's team was slapped with a 12 month long ban and S$2000 fine for disciplinary problem. This guy clearly has a problem trying to control himself and being disciplined.

Then the reason why SG is still keeping the team and having S-league now seems clearer. At least to me. Someone once said that Singapore is like a business, anything that does not make money will not last... i.e. anything that lasts has some sort of purpose or profit to it. Do you get it my dear reader?

2 comments:

Hazel aka Qin said...

I see that sports in Singapore is a dying industry... Erm.... But think it wasnt even blooming... Hahaha... Hmmmmm, singaporeans are smart ppl, use brain n intellect kind. If you dun have brains, it's hard to survive in spore...

look at all the cleaning ppl, think it's all outsourced as well... just like our sports... where are the singaporeans??? In shenton way offices ba??? Or all travelling / migrating (ed) overseas???

:: 哭泣的星星 :: said...

got it