Monday, November 15, 2010

Races

Someone once said that there are no different races. There is only 1 race that is the human race...

well, I think that is Brother John Avazini if I'm not wrong.

After leaving the previous company, I start thinking it through and wonder what actually went wrong. Perhaps I am a thinker. I believe it is good to think it thru so as to prevent such incidences from happening again.

So after much reflection, I think one reason that I decided to leave the company was that it is a pretty racist company. Yup, one of the reason why I'm leaving is that it is too racist for me. Well, it may sound shocking but it speaks volumes of their moral character and it is something I do not feel comfortable with. Well, let me be more specific.

According to anthropology, there is a difference between prejudice and discrimination.

Basically, prejudice is an unfavorable opinion or feeling formed beforehand or without knowledge, thought, or reason. That is from dictionary.com. whereas, discrimination is an act or instance of discriminating. OK, that may not be too helpful but the main difference is that one is a thought while one is an action. It is one thing to joke about stuff and one thing to actually commit it or simply put it, making it into an action. It is like mother-in-law jokes... well, we love our MILs of course but we do share MIL jokes, same for dumb blonde jokes. However, for a company to have a policy that recruits based on race preference, that is really racism to the max. There is not a single Malay or Indian in my previous company. and they are open about it... Well, it's time to move on.

So I'll start work in Dec. Shall not reveal the company's name here but it's aviation related alright. I'm excited to go back to the airport and Huiqin's god a great word from the Lord about this. hope all will turn out fine and will end the year well...

It's Christmas very very soon. My first Christmas in the new house. Should I decorate it? That means spending $$$...

1 comment:

:: 哭泣的星星 :: said...

well well well..

all e best in e new co.! u gonna turn it around!