Monday, January 5, 2009

Night Cycling

I know that this should be filled with pictures. However, it's night cycling, so what photos to take? Just a brief sumary and my thoughts on this event.

Organised my some folks in W302. It was meant to be a leisure ride but it soon turned into a tough and grueling journey to "faraway land"

We started at Macs at East coast and we planned to celebrate Tammy's birthday there too as she was unable to come to S1. So the people there were Ruix, Nic, YX, Ci zhuan, Lester, Annabelle, Rach, Reid, Tammy, Son, Qin and I. We celebrated Tammy's birthday just outside the bicycle shop and after some waiting Yuans Xing arrived. Malcolm had wanted to come but we advised him not to as malcolm will be late after his wedding dinner. Well, that was very sound advice indeed as noone expected that the simple night cycling would turn out to be a 6-hour battle, hanging on for dear life...

After departing the bicycle shop at about 10.45pm, the aim was to head towards changi village and then tour around the area. Since my camp was near by, I though we could visit some ofthe interesting landmarks there. After cycling for a half an hour, I felt something up my butt.. The seat had been much harder than I expected and my butt was beginning to hurt. However, it's all still comfortable. But somehow I knew that it's going to be a rough ride down the road....

After stopping at bedok jetty, we continued and after some navigation, we finally reached the runway. Our spirits were still high then and felt that all things are possible. I used to think who would be so crazy to cycle here when I drove down the raod beside the runway, but who knows, I'm here today, cycling... It was indeed tough as the road was endless. It was like crossing the desert. Halfway, my chains came apart and had to stop. Thank God for ci zhuan who placed them back... Then Ruix's waterbag burst and we had an emergency as all the contents in his bag was wet. Still nothing could stop us. Finally, we arrived Changi village at about 1 plus 2am... Shared a Nasi lemak with Qin and after some ball kicking and frisbee throwing, and of course ah kua watching, we left and went to the old changi hospital. I was leading the pack as I was familiar with the area. Then we saw lights from the hospital... Wow.. interesting. INDEED. There were visitors and they were all exploring the area with torchlights and all. So that's all the ghost we saw. Then we went to have a look at Hendon camp. For Honour and Glory.. Ka Pui. Then we continued on..

After that, with bleeding butts, we went back to east coast. It's such a long journey.. Along the way, we met with more adventure with Son's bike's chain giving way..

Finally, all sweaty and tired and sleepy, we completed the last leg of the race..

Then it was a long journey back to Jurong. I drove in Rach's vehicle...

Now, my butt is still sore and my tighs are both filled with Lactic acid.. they are not pain from muscular ache, just too much acid. Something that I've never felt before even during NS days. But no, I didn't have any mega cramps during that 6 hours.

1 comment:

laimeng said...

HAHAHAHA.

BLEEDING BUTT!!!!