Thursday, January 29, 2009

Sanjay

It was a usual morning and like all other training day mornings, the club opened early as Singaporeans slowly make their way across the border.

It's the Chinese New Year period and most of the Chinese will be busy doing visitations. It is a good time to fly thought Sanjay. With a recent trip to WMKM (Malacca)with an instructor, Sanjay was all eager to fly there on his own. After filing the flight plan, with the fuel checked and all that,he was ready to go..

After taking off from WMKJ (Senai), he was heading towards the west to join the coastal route and then head up north to WMKM. After a few minutes into the flight, he wanted to return to WMKJ and radioed WMKJ's ATC... For one reason or another, he ended up being entangled at the tree top of Gunung Pulai. The plane was down and he broke his right tigh.

This is a rough account that I pictured must have happened on that faithful day.. This incident made me recall my experience at Elite Flying Club.

I am a holder of PPL at Elite Flying Club. I joined in 2006 and have been active until recently when I started work. It's a great club that offers PPL courses that is very popular with Singaporeans who find it expensive to learn how to fly in Singapore. It was featured in the straits times before as well as a "thing you can do" for leisure. This club helped me earn my wings and I also managed to successfully propose to huiqin on board one of their aircrafts. I proposed onboard 9M-ANA.. 9M is the registration that is unique to the country that a plane is registered at. For Singapore planes, it's 9V. Thus, if you look closely at SIA's planes, they have a "9V" printed somewhere on it's body (unless the plane's on lease like the Concord)

From what I know, Elite has 2 Cessna 152 and the one that Sanjay was in was 9M-ANA. That means that ANA has most probably totalled.

I will most probably not see ANA again.. the plane that I had gotten my wings in, the plane that I did my first solo. The plane that I proposed in and all that.. So sad. Good bye ANA and speedy recovery Sanjay. It's time you buy another C-152 to replace our dear ANA...

No comments: